Prayer provides the foundation for living out God's love at First Covenant Church of St. Paul. There are many opportunities to support the ministries of the church including prayer teams for:
More information on prayer teams >here .
We would like to remind you of the ways you can give or receive prayer requests.
To share a prayer request for yourself, family member or friend:
1. Write your prayer request on the attendance card in the weekly bulletin and place it in the offering plate or "prayer" mailbox in the church office.
2. Write your prayer request on a prayer card from the slot on the prayer bulletin board by the coat racks and place it in the offering plate or "prayer " mailbox in the church office.
3. Call the church office during office hours with your prayer request (651-774-0344) or e-mail it to Judy Kline: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you include your name and contact information and indicate if you would like the request to be shared only with the Ministry Team or if you would also like it to be on the Prayer Line. Every Tuesday morning the Ministry Team spends time praying for the needs of First Covenant Church, including the shared prayer requests. To listen to the requests on the prayer line, call 651-772-9212.
To receive prayer requests so that you can join in prayer:
1. Call the prayer line (651-772-9212). Thanks to Sharla Scullen, this prayer line is updated weekly.
2. Pick up a weekly prayer request flyer listing the shared prayer needs (located on the prayer bulletin board).
Prayer for the Persecuted Church - May13, 2015 - Recruitment starts when they are children - 11,12, 13 years of age. Members of the Armed Revolutionary Forces of Colombia (FARC) are continually seeking to lure young people from throughout Columbia to join their communist movement. FARC especially targets the youth from poor rural areas. They tempt them with promises of a regular salary and assuring them that they can still attend church if they join FARC. In truth FARC is totally at odds with the Christian faith because they pursue equality through violence and teach the principles of Marxism. These youth are isolated from their families and are closely guarded so they do not leave. Please pray for wisdom and protection for the youth who live in the Red Zones of Columbia that they not be lured and deceived into becoming members of FARC.
In these areas it is best to not be known to be a pastor. Pastors risk their lives every time they go out to minister. More than 40 pastors from a single denomination were murdered in south western Columbia in a single year. Please pray for these pastors and their church members, that their infrequent gatherings for worship be protected from attacks and that their worship be rich with Christ's presence. Thank you for your prayers.
Contact: Jerry and Martha Peterson - email@example.com
Participants are paired with Saint Paul Police officers, and commit to praying for them daily and offering support through a note of encouragement to their officer four times a year. The Adopt-A-Cop program is expanding to include the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department. If you know any officers with this department, let them know that Adopt-A-Cop is growing to include them. More information can be found ( >here ).
Contact: Jan Mollet – firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-329-1221.
Interested in joining a specific prayer team? Contact the coordinator.