Prayer provides the foundation for living out God's love at First Covenant Church of St. Paul. There are many opportunities to support the ministries of the church including prayer teams for:
More information on prayer teams >here .
We would like to remind you of the ways you can give or receive prayer requests.
To share a prayer request for yourself, family member or friend:
1. Write your prayer request on the connect card in the weekly bulletin and place it in the offering plate or "prayer" mailbox in the church office.
2. Write your prayer request on a prayer card from the slot on the prayer bulletin board by the coat racks and place it in the offering plate or "prayer " mailbox in the church office.
3. Call the church office during office hours with your prayer request (651-774-0344) or e-mail it to Judy Kline: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you include your name and contact information and indicate if you would like the request to be shared only with the Ministry Team or if you would also like it to be on the Prayer Line. Every Tuesday morning the Ministry Team spends time praying for the needs of First Covenant Church, including the shared prayer requests. To listen to the requests on the prayer line, call 651-772-9212.
To receive prayer requests so that you can join in prayer:
1. Call the prayer line (651-772-9212). Thanks to Sharla Scullen, this prayer line is updated weekly.
2. Pick up a weekly prayer request flyer listing the shared prayer needs (located on the prayer bulletin board).
Pray for the Persecuted Church - August 10, 2015
Every few months, the women's ministry from an evangelical church in northern Iraq visits a nearby prison to encourage the mostly Muslim female inmates. They offer the prisoners the hopeful news that they can find true freedom through faith in Jesus Christ. These faithful women are at great risk simply for being associated with a Christian church.
Since 2011 Voice of the Martyrs has been able to send relief packages in to churches in Iraq - blankets, food items, Bibles and other daily necessities. These women have decided to share their relief packages with these female inmates. Please pray for these generous, caring believers and their ministry to these Muslim inmates. Many Christians have remained in Iraq throughout the eight year war. They are still targets of radical Islamists, and they still share their blessings with one another and with their Muslim neighbors. They need our prayers for wisdom and protection and perseverance. Thank you for praying for the needs of our persecuted family.
Contact: Jerry and Martha Peterson - email@example.com
Participants are paired with Saint Paul Police officers, and commit to praying for them daily and offering support through a note of encouragement to their officer four times a year. The Adopt-A-Cop program is expanding to include the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department. If you know any officers with this department, let them know that Adopt-A-Cop is growing to include them. More information can be found ( >here ).
Contact: Jan Mollet – firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-329-1221.
Interested in joining a specific prayer team? Contact the coordinator.