Prayer provides the foundation for living out God's love at First Covenant Church of St. Paul. There are many opportunities to support the ministries of the church including prayer teams for:
More information on prayer teams >here .
We would like to remind you of the ways you can give or receive prayer requests.
To share a prayer request for yourself, family member or friend:
1. Write your prayer request on the attendance card in the weekly bulletin and place it in the offering plate or "prayer" mailbox in the church office.
2. Write your prayer request on a prayer card from the slot on the prayer bulletin board by the coat racks and place it in the offering plate or "prayer " mailbox in the church office.
3. Call the church office during office hours with your prayer request (651-774-0344) or e-mail it to Judy Kline: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you include your name and contact information and indicate if you would like the request to be shared only with the Ministry Team or if you would also like it to be on the Prayer Line. Every Tuesday morning the Ministry Team spends time praying for the needs of First Covenant Church, including the shared prayer requests. To listen to the requests on the prayer line, call 651-772-9212.
To receive prayer requests so that you can join in prayer:
1. Call the prayer line (651-772-9212). Thanks to Sharla Scullen, this prayer line is updated weekly.
2. Pick up a weekly prayer request flyer listing the shared prayer needs (located on the prayer bulletin board).
Prayer for the Persecuted Church - April 15, 2015 - Because it is illegal in many countries to own or have a Bible, Christians risk arrest, imprisonment and torture in order to run smuggling and printing operations because they want to serve God and not man. Voice of the Martyrs reports that in every case that they know of, the house church leaders who ran an underground printing operation were caught six to eighteen months after they started distributing Bibles. They were arrested and severely tortured. These house church leaders esteem God and His Word so highly that they think it completely reasonable to pay the price of imprisonment and torture to be able to print and distribute Bibles for a year or two. This is happening throughout restricted and hostile nations.
Please pray for these underground printing organizations - for their success in the printing of the Bible, and for their protection as they distribute the Scriptures. The accounts of their faith and commitment prompts us to cherish and love God's Word as passionately as they do. Thank you for your prayers for these underground church leaders and their ministries.
Contact: Jerry and Martha Peterson - email@example.com
Participants are paired with Saint Paul Police officers, and commit to praying for them daily and offering support through a note of encouragement to their officer four times a year. The Adopt-A-Cop program is expanding to include the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department. If you know any officers with this department, let them know that Adopt-A-Cop is growing to include them. More information can be found ( >here ).
Contact: Jan Mollet – firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-329-1221.
Interested in joining a specific prayer team? Contact the coordinator.